#Global threat: World Biggest Ransomware Attack Hits 99 Global Countries including the UK, US, China, Russia, Spain, Italy, and India
- Approx 99 global countries affected with this virus.
- Currently, 57,000 computers are infected
- Many Hospitals have reported about Ransomware Attack, on their websites.
- Ransomware Using NSA Windows Exploit hacking tool
- Cyber hackers ask Ransom in return of Bitcoin payment address & to complete online surveys.
Unknown hackers from America apparently launched ‘ransomware’ virus attacks, which basically encrypt user files and demands a Bitcoin (a form of virtual currency) payments & forced to complete online surveys.
Avast detected and successfully blocked a large number of Ransomware attacks around the world, data is encrypted with the extension “.WCRY” added to the filenames found on the internet.
Avast analysis indicates the attack, dubbed “WannaCry”, is initiated through an SMBv2 remote code execution in Microsoft Windows. This exploit (codenamed “EternalBlue”) has been made available on the internet through the Shadow brokers dump on "April 14th, 2017" and patched by "Microsoft on March 14".
Even the International shipping company FedEx also gets affected like many other companies. Spain's national telephone company was also infected with the virus. Eternal Blue Ransom root name belongs to Spain, officials said the virus can spread very rapidly. Security experts say that the biggest cyber attack in which Britain announced that "Kevin Beaumont".